The following terms govern your use of the Members Choice Skill (“Skill”) on Amazon’s Alexa service on any Alexa-enabled device (“Alexa”). It applies in addition to, and is not intended to, replace, any other agreement that may apply in connection with your deposit account, investment account, auto loan account, or residential mortgage loan account (“Account”), or the use of the skill.
Before using the Skill, please ensure that you have read and are familiar with these terms and any agreements referenced above as they relate to your accounts with us. Your use of the Skill constitutes your acceptance of these terms.
- Linking and Delinking the Skill: To use the Skill, you must have an Amazon account. You can link the Skill to your Alexa-enabled device by following the process on www.mccu.com/alexa. We will confirm your identity through the use of a One Time Passcode (“OTP”) which will be sent to you as a method to complete the verification and establish your access. If you determine that you no longer wish to retain the Skill, please follow the delink process located on www.mccu.com/alexa.
- Third-Party Security Settings: The Skill is voice activated. Your voice is only used to activate Alexa’s features and is not used to authenticate you are the owner of the account. Once you set up your device with the Skill, you are authorizing us to provide information to the device based on the device’s security settings. For example, the settings on your device may allow the device to retrieve information about your Account(s) based on only verbal requests from anyone who accesses your device, or to save information about your Account(s) for easier access. It is possible that someone other than you could interact with us via the Skill, or that someone could overhear you interacting with us via the Skill and learn information about your Account(s). By enabling the Skill on your Alexa-enabled device, you are responsible for how the Skill is used (including any communication to or from us from your device). You understand that it is your obligation to utilize the Device safely and correctly.
- Account(s) Inquiries: The Skill provides access for you to request certain information about your Account(s) with us. The inquiries available are the same information you can access through the website or our mobile app. Inquiries may not be available for all Account(s) that you may have with us. We reserve the right to add, discontinue or amend the type of inquiries permitted through the Skill.
- Account(s) Transactions: The Skill may enable you to perform certain transactions for your Account(s) with us. You understand that certain transactions will require you to provide a Passcode which must contain six (6) numbers. You must create this Passcode prior to initiating the first transaction. This Passcode is created by you and unique to your Account(s). We will not be able to provide you with your Passcode if you forget it. You understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that your Passcode is kept in a secure location and you do not share your Passcode. When you use Alexa to initiate transactions between your Account(s), you understand that you are authorizing us to initiate transactions on your behalf as if you were initiating a transaction through our website, www.mccu.com. We reserve the right to add, discontinue or amend the type of transactions permitted through the Skill.
- Contacting You: We may seek your constructive feedback on the Skill, including problems you encounter, aspects that work well, and suggestions for improving it. You agree that Members Choice Credit Union may email you from time to time about your experience with the Skill.
- Changes or Amendments: We may change, suspend, or discontinue the Skill, or any part of it, at any time without notice. We may amend any of these terms at our sole discretion by posting the revised terms on our Website. Your continued use of the Skill after the effective date of the revised terms constitutes acceptance of the terms.
- Termination: Your rights under these terms will automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any of its terms. In case of such termination, we may immediately revoke your access to the Skill. You must therefore immediately cease all activities available with the Skill, and you must immediately delete or remove the Skill from all electronic devices.
- Technology Support: We do not provide technical or any other support for the Skill. If such support is provided in exceptional circumstances, it will be provided in addition to any normal support for your Account(s). You hereby agree to abide by any support rules and policies put into place. You agree that any claims that you may have with respect to the Skill, and your usage of the Skill, must be brought against Amazon and/or Alexa and not against us.
- Disclaimer of Warranty: You acknowledge and agree that all use of the Skill is at your sole risk. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SKILL, THAT IT IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, AND THAT MEMBERS CHOICE CREDIT UNION MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. MEMBERS CHOICE CREDIT UNION EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MEMBERS CHOICE CREDIT UNION, OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SKILL, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
If you do not comply with these terms, and we incur any costs, loss, claims, expenses and other liabilities which result from your non-compliance, including a subsequent breach by us of our obligations to Amazon and/or Alexa, you agree to reimburse us for any such costs, loss, claims, expenses and other liabilities, including any legal costs involved with the defense of any claim brought against us due to your non-compliance with these terms. This is in addition to any other specific remedies that we have in these terms or under the law generally.
We hereby exclude any liability for any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damage that you may incur in connection with your use or inability to use the Skill, Alexa and/or your Account, including, without limitation any damage to electronic devices, any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, and any other loss or damage of any kind, whether foreseeable or not.
- Trademark Information: Members Choice Credit Union trademarks and graphics used in connection with the Skill are the property of Members Choice Credit Union. All other trademarks and graphics used are the property of their respective owners.
- Intellectual Property Rights: You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Skill and Alexa, the technology, and the Account(s), belong to Members Choice Credit Union or to our licensors, that rights in the Skill are licensed (not sold) to you and that you have no rights in, or to, the Skill, or the technology other than the right to use each of them in accordance with these terms. You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to the Skill in source code form. You may not, and you will not encourage, aid or authorize any other person to copy, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble, or otherwise tamper with, the Skill or the Alexa Software, whether in whole or in part, or create any derivative works from or of the Skill or Alexa Software.
- Geographic Restrictions: You may access and use Alexa only in the United States. We may restrict access to Alexa from other locations.
- General Terms: We can transfer all or any of our rights and legal responsibilities under these terms without your permission provided any warranties are not affected. Your rights and duties under this Agreement apply only to you and cannot be transferred to any other person without our written permission. If we don’t enforce any part of these terms at any time, this will not stop us from doing so in the future. If any of these terms are found not to be valid or cannot be enforced in full or in part, the rest of the terms will continue to apply as normal.