Like you, we are actively following the news and will update this page frequently as new information becomes available to help you stay informed about our coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
The well-being of our members, employees, and communities remains our top priority.
Current information about our locations and services is below.
- Effective Friday, July 3rd, in compliance with local and state government guidelines, all visitors must wear masks when inside the building and maintain 6ft. distance from others. Visitors refusing to wear masks will need to use Online Banking, ATMs, and drive-thrus for service.
- Effective Friday, June 26th, to ensure members and employees are kept safe, our branch lobby areas are currently open by appointment only. Additional services through our drive-thrus will remain available, such as cashier checks, money orders, and cash advances, to help you access more services without leaving your vehicle. You may make an appointment by visiting the drive-thru, or calling us at 281.398.9900.
- Effective Wednesday, June 1st, our private branch at the Phillips 66 office, and on June 15th, the private branch at the ConocoPhillips will re-open with social distancing measures, in accordance with the re-opening of those office buildings.
- As of Monday, March 16th, our public Members Choice branches started offering additional services through drive-thru, such as cashier checks, money orders, and cash advances, to help you access more services without leaving your vehicle.
We ask each individual who will be visiting our branch lobby areas to please follow our Health and Safety Guidelines below:
- Follow our safety measures for branch visits (English + Spanish PDF)
- Practice physical distancing (PDF)
- Practice hand hygiene (hand sanitizing stations are provided for convenience) (PDF)
Additionally, our team is continuing with frequent cleanings throughout the branches and offices. We are disinfecting high-touch areas such as teller stations, desks, and counters after usage, as well as limiting physical interactions so that you can feel confident when using our services.
Expecting a Government Stimulus Payment?
Taking some proactive steps can help you get quicker access to your funds once you receive your payment.
Watch out for stimulus payment-related scams.
Check your payment status or update your information on the IRS payment portal (available mid-April).
Adding a notification will alert you when your payment is directly deposited into your account (select the account you might be expecting the payment to be deposited in).
Advantage Programs for our Members
Accessing Your Money
With our enhanced drive-thru services, our locations are available to serve you. If you decide that the best course of action for you is to limit your public interactions, there are several options for you to bank, using a variety of ways.
- Drive-up windows and ATMs are located at of our branches. We’ve started offering enhanced drive-thru services for cashiers checks, money orders and cash advances. You can find a complete list of Members Choice locations online.
- You also have access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide using the Allpoint network. Find the ATM nearest you.
- Online and mobile banking is available 24/7 and allows you to view your accounts, transfer money, deposit checks, and open a new account or loan application. If you haven’t set up your online account, now would be a perfect time.
- With your VISA debit card, you can use contactless payments by setting up your mobile wallet.
- You may now make an unlimited number of transfers and withdrawals from your savings without leaving your home. You are no longer restricted to six remote transfers from your savings accounts. Previously, after members reached the limits, they could only access funds through an ATM or branch visit. Remote transfers include Online Banking transfers, phone requests for share to share transfers, cashiers checks payable to a third party, and wire transfers to a third party.
Your Funds are Insured
Beware of Scams and FraudUnfortunately, some people and companies are taking advantage of the fears surrounding the spread of the virus. Do not let fear cloud your judgment when accessing links from emails and social media. Remember that Members Choice will never reach out to ask for your personal information (like your account number or pin) by phone, text or email.
- CDC alerts: Cybercriminals have sent phishing emails designed to look like they are from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
- Health advice emails: Phishers have sent emails that offer purported medical advice to help protect you against the coronavirus.
- Beware of online requests for personal information.
- Check the email address or link.
- Watch for spelling and grammatical mistakes.
- Look for generic greetings.
- Verify the name of a charity before making a donation.
- Avoid emails that insist you act now.
- Beware of requests to give personal information or a payment to receive your stimulus check
- No financial institution will call or text you to verify information about your stimulus check
- Do not give an personal information (like your account number or pin) by phone, text or email
- Report any suspicious emails about your stimulus payments to your MCCU account by calling us at 281.398.9900
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our members and communities as needs arise.
For up-to-date information on the coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit these sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Institutes of Health