At Members Choice the safety and well-being of our members and employees is always our top priority. Our thoughts go out to those impacted by COVID-19.
Like you, we are actively following the news and will update this page frequently as new information becomes available to help you stay informed about our coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
We will continue to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation daily so that we can be agile in our response, and provide you updates as needed. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 281.398.9900 or send us a question online using the form below.
Assistance Programs for our Members
We understand that this may be the time you or a family member need extra support, whether that be with managing your payments or reducing fees. Our team is here to help you with financial resources and education.
Read more about our special support programs to help ease any current financial stresses.
Defer a Loan Payment with Skip-a-Pay
- You can apply now for Skip-a-Pay to skip your next payment. Because of these special circumstances, we are also waiving the $35 fee for everyone. Not all loan types qualify. NOTE: Real estate loans or lines of credit, credit cards, business loans, CD secured loans, or Smart Choice auto leases ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for the Skip-a-Pay program.
Get more COVID-19 Skip-a-Pay info
Credit Card for Basic Necessities
- This may be the time for an emergency or backup credit card for those unexpected purchases of food, medication and other necessities. All of our credit cards have the benefit of a 0% APR* intro rate for the first six months on all new credit cards, plus a low rate after the intro period ends.
Compare the card that’s right for you
- If you already have a Members Choice credit card with a good payment history for the last six months, you could get access to a credit card limit increase of $1,000. Apply online for a credit card limit increase and get a quick turnaround, often within four hours of your application.
*Annual Percentage Rate. After introductory period ends, the APR will be 6.75% up to 18.00% based on your creditworthiness.
Payroll Interruption Loan
- A Payroll Interruption Loan may be an option for our current members whose regular income has been impacted by temporary closures or reductions in operating hours due to coronavirus health measures.
Get more info about a Payroll Interruption Loan
Defer your Mortgage Payment
- Skip your next mortgage payment with no fees or impact on your credit score.* If the coronavirus is impacting your financial situation and your home loan payment, you could be eligible for a mortgage forbearance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281.754.1101 to get started by phone.
* By moving your due date, escrow accounts could potentially be underfunded for the year. If underfunded, you will be notified to add a deposit to your escrow account to ensure taxes and insurance can be paid.
Support for Local Businesses with a Business Loan Deferment
- With the disruptions from less operating hours or other restrictions caused by the coronavirus, small business loans with us may qualify for a deferment. Contact our business solutions team online, or by phone at 281.398.9900.
Plus these additional benefits:
No ATM Fees in April
- If you currently have Cash Back Checking, you can already use your ATM card anywhere without worry of fees – you are reimbursed for up to $25 of non-MCCU ATM fees each month. For the entire month of April, we are also doing the same on all personal checking accounts.
- As always, there’s no monthly maintenance fees or balance minimums.
- There’s nothing for you to do, and we’ve already done this automatically for you.
ChoicePay Limit Increase
- If you're currently using ChoicePay (Overdraft Protection) on your consumer checking account, we’re alleviating some of the worry of running into extra fees through the end of March 2020.
- We’re increasing the limit of your ChoicePay protection from $600 to $800.
- Since the CDC is recommending families keep additional prescription refills on hand, any pharmacy payments that cause a ChoicePay fee may be refunded.
- Keeping essentials in stock can put extra importance on your grocery shopping trips, so MCCU may also refund any grocery store purchases that cause a ChoicePay fee.
- Fee refunds are determined by the merchant type description of the purchase, and not at the discretion of Members Choice.
Members Choice Will Cover Your New Membership Opening Deposit
- We want to help ensure your extended family and those in our community have access to the resources they need. Starting now through the end of April, the standard opening deposit establishing membership on your main savings account will be funded by us at account opening. Get info on how to join now.
To take advantage of any of these programs, follow the detailed links to start the process online. Our dedicated team of representatives is equipped to handle all of your needs remotely.
Any questions? Call us at 281.398.9900 or email us online using the form below.
Staying Safe and Healthy
As our community overall responds to the challenges created by the threat of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to reassure that we are also responding to these health challenges, as reflected with changes to our current service offerings.
Current information about our locations and services is below.
- Effective Thursday, March 19th, our lobby areas are appointment-only for essential in-person services, by (such as access for wires and safe deposit boxes), and will direct our members to the drive-thru for primary servicing. You may make an appointment by visiting the drive-thru, or calling us at 281.398.9900.
- Starting on Wednesday, March 18th, our private branches at the ConocoPhillips and Phillips 66 offices will close in accordance with the closure of those office buildings.
- As of Monday, March 16th, our public Members Choice branches started offering additional services through drive-thru, such as cashier checks, money orders, and cash advances, to help you access more services without leaving your vehicle.
We have proactively been conducting enhanced, multiple cleanings of our drive-thrus and ATMs, as well as limiting physical interactions so that you can feel confident when using our services.
These measures are in place to provide a safe environment for both you and our employees. We are all working together to stop the spread of the virus by following CDC guidelines.
Accessing Your Money
With our enhanced drive-thru services, our locations are available to serve you. If you decide that the best course of action for you is to limit your public interactions, there are several options for you to bank, using a variety of ways.
- Drive-up windows and ATMs are located at of our branches. We’ve started offering enhanced drive-thru services for cashiers checks, money orders and cash advances. You can find a complete list of Members Choice locations online.
- You also have access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide using the Allpoint network. Find the ATM nearest you.
- Online and mobile banking is available 24/7 and allows you to view your accounts, transfer money, deposit checks, and open a new account or loan application. If you haven’t set up your online account, now would be a perfect time.
- With your VISA debit card, you can use contactless payments by setting up your mobile wallet.
Your Funds are Insured
Members Choice Credit Union is well-capitalized and financially strong. Further, your funds are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. Being federally insured by NCUA means your deposits are safe and secure, regardless of what is going on in the market. Read more about deposit insurance.
Beware of Scams and FraudUnfortunately, some people and companies are taking advantage of the fears surrounding the spread of the virus. Do not let fear cloud your judgment when accessing links from emails and social media. Remember that Members Choice will never reach out to ask for your personal information (like your account number or pin) by phone, text or email.
Coronavirus-themed phishing emails can take many different forms, including these:
- CDC alerts: Cybercriminals have sent phishing emails designed to look like they are from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
- Health advice emails: Phishers have sent emails that offer purported medical advice to help protect you against the coronavirus.
Here are some ways to recognize and avoid coronavirus-themed phishing emails:
- Beware of online requests for personal information.
- Check the email address or link.
- Watch for spelling and grammatical mistakes.
- Look for generic greetings.
- Verify the name of a charity before making a donation.
- Avoid emails that insist you act now.
Learn about known coronavirus scams with these tips from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). And review this FTC article about potential scams about receiving government relief.
Our website is the best place to find the most current information related to the coronavirus and any potential service interruptions you may experience. You may also visit our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the most current information.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our members and communities as needs arise.
For up-to-date information on the coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit these sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Institutes of Health