Members Choice Credit Union has been serving West Houston, Katy and Cy-Fair with our people-helping-people philosophy since 1941.
2010s to Today
- In December 2019, the Grand Parkway branch relocated to a newer building just north of Peek Road.
- During 2017 the main location at Park Row was moved to a new building off the Katy Freeway.
- On March 1, 2016 Randy Theilig was announced the new CEO of Members Choice Credit Union.
- 2016 marked the 75-year anniversary of the credit union.
- In 2012 two new branches were added, one in the Cy-Fair area and the other in Eldridge Parkway area.
- In 2012, the credit union was recognized by the Texas Credit Union League as a “Super Advocate” and by the Houston West Chamber of Commerce as one of their “Star” businesses.
- In 2011 the Phillips 66 location was opened, and the credit union received recognition by the Houston SBA district office as a top 10 producer for SBA loans
2000s Growth in Locations
- In 2007 the credit union purchased land for the Seven Meadows area to break ground on a new location.
- In March 2004 the location on N. Fry Road was opened.
- In July 2001 a full-service branch was opened on Grand Parkway at Peek Road in Katy, Tx.
1990s Merger, New Name, and 50th year Anniversary
- 1995 marked the growth in locations for Members Choice Credit Union in the community and the opening of the main branch office on Park Row in Houston Tx.
- In 1993 the name of the credit union was changed to Members Choice Credit Union to be more representative of the entire community of membership.
- The 50th Anniversary of the credit union was celebrated in 1991.
1980s New Products, Services and Relocations
- On July 1986 the credit union opened a branch office in Compass Bank Building at Bunker Hill and remained there until 1989, when we moved the branch office to Threadneedle (Reading & Bates building).
- In 1980’s the credit union introduced share draft accounts (checking) and continued to introduce the additional products and services: IRAs, Travelers Checks, Western Union services, pre-authorized drafts, Christmas Club accounts, MasterCard, pre-approved auto loans, money orders, PC Carbook, CALL 24 (Audio Response System), direct deposit and the installation of an ATM.
1940 – 1970s The Early Years
- On September 30, 1976 our name changed to Conoco Houston Credit Union when converting from a Federal to a State chartered credit union.
- In 1951 the first employee was hired (part-time), and on July 1, 1952 the name changed to Conoco Houston Federal Credit Union.
- On September 22, 1941 the Conoco Gulf Coast Employees Federal Credit Union was chartered by eight employees of Continental Oil Company.
If not currently a Members Choice member, a $5 deposit is needed to establish membership. All memberships are subject to approval including credit approval.