The flexible choice to buy a home today, and convert to a fixed-rate later
Low initial adjustable rate
With a low initial adjustable rate, you can purchase today at a lower rate than a conventional fixed-rate mortgage, getting more home for your budget.
Convert to fixed-rate without refinancing or paying fees
After three years, you can lock in a low fixed rate at the offered market price at that time, at no cost to you
Local loan servicing and advice
Open up your home buying power
Get flexibility with your mortgage to take advantage of potentially lower rates in the future, without the need to refinance
FlexChoice Convertible Mortgage**
Benefits of the FlexChoice Convertible Mortgage
- Low Interest Rate - With a low initial adjustable rate, you can purchase today at a lower rate than a conventional fixed-rate mortgage.
- Interest Rate Adjustment Cap - Your annual interest rate adjustments will begin after 5/7/10 years and include a 1% APR* rate cap
- Lock in Your Rate - After 3 years, the conversion option allows you to lock in a low fixed rate at the offered market price at that time.
- Convert with No Fees or Refinancing Closing Costs – Converting from an adjustable-rate mortgage to a fixed-rate mortgage after three years is at no cost to you. You will not have the hassle or cost of refinancing.
Compare Mortgage Home Loan Options
Get started with an estimated rate quote – No credit pull required
Fill out the short form below to get a call back from a Mortgage Loan Officer within the next business day.
Ready to get your mortgage loan started?
Start your Application Online
Apply by Phone
FAQs about Adjustable-Rate Mortgage (ARM) Loans
- Convertible mortgage loans offer lower initial interest rates compared to fixed-rate mortgages, making them a more affordable option for some borrowers.
- Borrowers can take advantage of potential interest rate decreases in the future if the market conditions change and the interest rate drops.
- Convertible home loans typically come with lower monthly payments in the first few years of the loan term, which can help borrowers manage their cash flow and budgeting.
- Convertible home loans provide flexibility, as they can be converted to a fixed-rate mortgage at any time during the loan term, allowing borrowers to lock in a stable interest rate if they want to.
Yes, if you have a higher credit score (720+) and a lower debt-to-income (DTI) ratio, you have the option to select our FlexChoice Convertible Mortgage, allowing you to convert your adjustable-rate mortgage to a fixed-rate loan after three years, with no modification fee. This is a great benefit if market rates drop in your favor at that time.
Your fixed-rate APR* will be based on current market rates at the time you convert your loan.
This is a mortgage that is fixed at a lower than market rate (called the Start Rate) for a certain number of years, then adjusts each year after that for the term of the loan
- The Adjustment Rate is tied to the One Year Treasury Constant Maturity Index plus a set margin.
- There is a cap on how low the rate can go, called a Floor Rate.
- There is a cap on how high the rate can go, called the Ceiling Rate.
- There is a rate adjustment cap of 1%.
- We offer fixed periods of 5, 7, and 10 years.
Example of a Rate Adjustment:
- Current Mortgage Rate: 3.375%
- Today’s One Year CMT Rate is 3.02%
- The Margin is 2.25%
- The new Adjusted Rate would be: 3.02 + 2.25 = 5.37
However, there is a rate adjustment cap of 1%, therefore the adjusted rate would be 4.375%.
Our promise is to provide a high level of service and work in your best interests:
- We have personalized customer service that aims to meet your personal needs
- Our member service team offers a local person to talk to and provide faster service
- You're a member, not just a number
- We try to make the home buying experience a great one – easy and stress-free
- We’ll never sell your loan and will retain servicing for the life of the loan
Yes, applying for a mortgage loan before you find a home may be the best thing you could do. When you apply in advance, you are issued a pre-approval letter subject to finding your new home.
You can use the pre-approval letter to assure your real estate agent that you are a qualified buyer and look in the right price range to fit your budget. Having been pre-approved for a mortgage may also give more weight to any offer you make.
There is no obligation to complete the mortgage or equity process once an application is completed.
There is no fee to modify your rate to a fixed rate after three years if you have selected the FlexChoice Convertible Mortgage option at the initiation of your mortgage.
Mortgage Resource Center
Free Home Buying Guide
“Your Home Loan Toolkit” can help you shop for a mortgage with confidence
Written by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), this toolkit serves as a step-by-step guide to help you find your best mortgage.
Homeowners Insurance with TruStage
Trust our insurance partner to protect your home and everything that’s inside of it. View More on TruStage.
APR = Annual Percentage Rate.
*Purchase for primary, second, and investment properties in Texas only. Minimum 620 credit score required. $100,000 minimum loan amount for ARM loans, $50,000 minimum loan amount for conventional fixed-rate loans. $726,200 maximum loan amount.
**Purchase for primary, second, and investment properties in Texas only. Minimum 720 credit score required for FlexChoice option. Modification rates are based on the current market at the time of conversion. Must be in ARM product for a minimum of 3 years prior to modification. After 3 years you have the option to modify your loan after three years to a fixed-rate loan based on the current market rate at that time. No modification fee is charged.
If not currently a Members Choice member, a $5 deposit is needed to establish membership. All memberships and lending products are subject to approval including credit approval.
The mortgage account access tool is compatible with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 10 & higher, Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
TruStage® Auto & Home Insurance Program is made available by TruStage Insurance Agency, LLC. Coverage provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116 USA. © 2018 Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. Liberty Mutual is an equal housing insurer. A consumer report from a consumer reporting agency and/or motor vehicle report will be obtained on all drivers listed on your policy where state laws and regulations allow. Please consult your policy for specific coverages and limitations. The insurance offered is not a deposit, and is not federally insured, sold or guaranteed by your credit union. Your credit union enables this insurance program to be offered and is entitled to compensation from TruStage Insurance Agency, LLC.